- Ensure you’ve got enough juice on your phone before you start; don’t be caught having it shut down on you mid-game!
- Close all non-essential apps and put your phone on DND (or airplane mode with wifi) to avoid alerts or phone calls during the game.
- Chat is actually helpful now, but if you find it distracting, swipe the chat field away!
Let’s be friends!
- Invite friends to HQ! You’ll earn a heart (extra life) for each referral. Hearts allow you to continue playing — up to once per game — when you answer incorrectly.
- Best of all, you can see your friends’ answers in real time! If you’re not feeling confident, follow their answers. You can change your answer before time expires.
- If you’ve already invited everyone you know, you can still gain a heart once a month if you play on an iPhone. Press the icons in this order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 3
- Get together to play with colleagues, classmates, and family to share your collective knowledge. It’s much more fun than flying solo!
- The first 3 questions typically have obvious answers, so don’t overthink them; go with your instinct!
- When presented with 3 numbers, it’s rarely ever the middle value; go high or go low!
- When 2 of the 3 answers are very similar, it’s usually one of these and not the much different one.
- Beware of savage questions! These have false answers that immediately seem correct but are really meant to mislead you.
- When I’m stumped, I usually choose the answer I’ve never heard or the one that seems counter-intuitive. Don’t do this for the first 3 questions though!
- Erasers remove one incorrect answer; save them for Q11 if you can.
- Play for 5 consecutive days and be rewarded with a extra life!
- Definition questions can be researched; use another phone to voice search or a computer to manually type. You’ve got to be very quick though!
- Restrict your search to 2 or 3 words and then quickly scan the top results.
- Keep a finger hovered over your phone and listen for the clock winding down. Tap anything if you running out of time and can’t find the answer!
Example: On an airplane, what colour is the black box?
Google: black box colour
- Which-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other type questions are tough but can also be researched! Look up one of the 3 options and if you’re lucky, your answer is confirmed. If not, you’ll have a 50-50 chance with the remaining 2 answers!
Available for both iOS and Android devices. If you appreciate my winning tips, show me some love by using referral code chiofsteel to gift me an extra life. Thank you!